The UK’s top hotels for the best sleep for National Bed Month
For a good night’s sleep, lay your head in Cheshire say TripAdvisor travellers
The month of March, officially declared ‘National Bed Month’ by the UK’s Sleep Council, is the perfect time of year to remember the importance of a good night’s sleep – whether at home or on holiday. Ahead of National Bed Month, TripAdvisor reveals the UK’s top 10 hotels where you’re most likely to catch the best zzz’s - according to TripAdvisor travellers. These properties received the highest praise from travellers in the ‘sleep quality’ category on TripAdvisor in the last year*.
Kingsley Lodge in Wilmslow, Cheshire offers the best sleep quality of any UK hotel, boasting a TripAdvisor sleep quality rating of 4.95 out of five from travellers. However, the West Midlands is arguably the real star of sleep quality – the region boasts three properties in the top ten.
“A good or bad night’s sleep can really make a difference to your overall experience of a hotel. These properties have all been tried and tested by TripAdvisor travellers and pass the all-important sleep test with flying colours,” commented TripAdvisor spokesperson, Emma Shaw.
The UK’s top ten hotels for sleep-quality are:
1. Kingsley Lodge, Wilmslow, Cheshire – Set in two acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, Kingsley Lodge was originally built in the 1950s and has since been completely renovated. The boutique hotel boasts handcrafted antique furniture, sumptuous upholstery and fabrics as well as many original works of art. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Our rooms provided everything we could have wished for, they were delightfully furnished and the bed was so comfy we had a hard time getting up!”
2. Clover Naturist Spa & Hotel, Birmingham – Centrally located in the city, beds at the Clover Naturist Spa & Hotel are all individually pocket sprung and boast Egyptian cotton linen. The duvets and pillows are Hungarian goose down, all adding to a comfortable night’s sleep. Each room has an en-suite wet room with heated floors. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Absolutely perfect. Friendly and attentive staff, relaxed atmosphere, excellent spa treatments and the whole place is furnished to an extremely high standard.”
3. Kilmichael Country House Hotel, Brodick, Isle of Arran – Set in beautiful gardens, Kilmichael House is listed as a building of historic and architectural significance. All the rooms are decorated to retain the look and feel of a country house. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Accommodation is first class, food is superb and everyone is so friendly.”
4. Fairhaven Country Guest House, Goathland, North Yorkshire – Located in the moorland village of Goathland, Fairhaven Country House Hotel is set in the natural beauty of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. The property boasts newly refurbished bedrooms and uninterrupted views from all guest rooms. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “A fantastic location, the warmest of welcomes, the best of home cooked food, a super comfortable bed and hosts who are like your best friends within minutes.”
5. Chudleigh, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex – This hotel is situated near the central seafront of Clacton-on-Sea and only a short distance from the Pier and shopping centre. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “If you are after a warm, friendly welcome, a good night’s sleep and an amazing cooked to order breakfast then this is the place you are looking for!”
6. La Moinerie Hotel, Sark, Channel Islands – On the site of a medieval monastery, La Moinerie has been restored from the ruins of an old farm. The 18th century hotel offers rooms and guest lodges with views over the stunning gardens. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “All the staff were friendly and so helpful. The hotel is in a beautiful location and is so well equipped and clean.”
7. Hampton Manor, Hampton-on-Arden, Solihull – This 19th century manor house is set in 45-acres of mature woodland and all rooms are individually designed. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “The hotel was extremely welcoming, friendly and very well appointed inside. Top quality service, very comfortable and certainly a hotel to recommend.”
8. The Elmdene, Torquay, Devon – This hotel is situated 300m from Torquay beach and railway station and just a short walk from Torquay town centre, beaches, theatre and harbour. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Excellent small hotel in a Victorian building in quiet residential area of Torquay. Super-clean and very comfortable large bedroom.”
9. Moxhull Hall Hotel, Sutton Coldfield – Set in 8-acres of landscaped gardens, this Victorian mansion has 19 newly refurbished, individually designed bedrooms, most of which offer views of the surrounding countryside. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “The staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean, comfortable and luxurious, the building has character and the gardens are well kept.
10. Airds Hotel & Restaurant, Appin, Scotland – This country house hotel offers views of Loch Linnhe and the Morvern mountains behind. Rooms boast Vi Spring beds, luxury fabrics, elegant furnishings and crisp Frette linen. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Every time we stay it seems to get better. The service is simply superb and the attention to detail is impressive.”
Organised by The Sleep Council, the month aims to reinforce the importance of sound sleep for good health. For more information on these hotels, visit www.Tripadvisor.co.uk
*The list indicates the ten hotels in the UK which have received the highest score in the ‘sleep quality’ category on the TripAdvisor hotel review form from 1 January-31 December 2012