New App Features Innovative Map-Based Browsing Experience
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, has announced the launch of its new application for the iPad, available today in Apple’s App Store. The free application allows travellers on the go to search for popular hotels, restaurants and attractions, as well as find the cheapest flights, from their iPad. The application is available in 18 languages and 26 countries around the world, giving travellers a truly localised experience on TripAdvisor.
The new TripAdvisor iPad app features a cool and innovative map-based browsing experience that allows travellers to see traveller reviews for hotels, restaurants and attractions and quickly get the lay of the land in their travel destinations. If travellers want to scope out points of interest at their destination of interest, they can simply move the map with the slide of a finger. The app also supports one-click map-based searches, making it easy to find hot spots in different parts of town.
In addition to its map-based functionality, the TripAdvisor iPad app includes a number of other helpful features for travellers on the go, including:
· TripAdvisor’s more than 40 million reviews and opinions for hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Travellers can even add their own reviews while their experiences are fresh
· Ability to find cheap flights using the award-winning TripAdvisor Flights search engine and compare airline fees using its Fees Estimator
· “Near Me Now” functionality, so travellers can determine what hotels, restaurants and attractions are nearby
· Access to the TripAdvisor forums, where users can ask questions of their fellow travellers and receive helpful feedback
· Full-screen traveller photos of hotels, restaurants, attractions and destinations
“With millions of travellers using TripAdvisor Mobile on a monthly basis, it’s clear that they are finding trusted travel advice that’s indispensible while they’re on the go,” said Mike Putnam, director of mobile product at TripAdvisor. “Our new iPad app offers travellers another engaging and fun way to make the most of their trips, whether they want to find the best nearby restaurants and attractions or check out the latest flight prices.”