Celebrate National Eating Out Week with TripAdvisor’s Top 10 London Restaurants
National Eating Out Week hits the UK next week (19-25 November) and to celebrate, TripAdvisor can reveal London’s top 10 restaurants, according to TripAdvisor diners*.
“From the more casual to the full-on Michelin-starred dining, these restaurants have been hailed by the people that matter – diners, and what better way to celebrate National Eating Out Week than heading out to sample one of London’s best loved eateries, commented TripAdvisor spokesperson,” Emma Shaw.
1. Le GavrocheLe Gavroche was the first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two and three Michelin stars. The head chef is Michel Roux Jr, who took over the reins from his father, Albert in 1991. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “This was the best dining experience and meal I have ever had in my life.”
2. Chez BruceOpen since 1995, this restaurant is located at Wandsworth Common and offers a menu based loosely on classical and regional French and Mediterranean cuisine. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Absolutely everyone that enjoys good food should make the pilgrimage to this amazing restaurant.”
3. BarrafinaBarrafina is a Spanish Tapas Restaurant and Bar, located in the heart of London’s West End serving tapas sized dishes designed to be shared. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “The food was exquisite. Everything was very fresh and authentic.”
4. La TrompetteLa Trompette is owned by Nigel Platts-Martin and Bruce Poole and is situated in Chiswick. The food served is predominantly French, with strong roots in the regional cooking of the South and South West. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Really great restaurant, gorgeous food, amazing service and excellent ambience.”
5. The LedburyA two Michelin Starred restaurant in Notting Hill, The Ledbury opened in 2005, with Brett Graham as Head Chef. Dishes served include loin and neck of lamb with baked jerusalem artichokes, sunflower seeds and garlic. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “The best place to eat in London.”
This steakhouse located in the Seven Dials area of London boasts dictionary-thick steaks cooked over real charcoal. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “I wanted to take my fiancee to best steak in London - Mission accomplished”
Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester hotel has three Michelin Stars and offers contemporary French cuisine in a modern and elegant environment. Signature dishes include "Sauté gourmand" of lobster, truffled chicken quenelles and homemade pasta. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “This was an amazing restaurant.The food was wonderful. Probably the best I have ever eaten.”
8. GoodmanA New York style steakhouse, Goodman’s, located in Mayfair offers hand cut steaks matured in its very own dry ageing room and cooked to order in a charcoal oven. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “We've eaten in alot of top end steak restaurants and Goodmans is definitely the best by a long way.”
9. MoroLocated at Exmouth Market in the Islington area, Moro serves food based on the flavours of Southern Mediterranean. Sam and Sam Clark opened the restaurant after travelling in a camper for three months through Spain, Morocco and the Sahara, learning, observing and tasting along the way. As on TripAdvisor traveller commented, “Legendary restaurant in a great location.”
10. PetrusAdorned with modern, light interiors and highlighted with touches of claret red throughout the room, Gordon Ramsey’s Petrus is a sensation for the eyes. Serving modern French cuisine, classic flavours are expertly combined with beautiful presentation. As one TripAdvisor traveller commented, “A superb restaurant, and the food, service and quality is second to none.”
To see a list of London’s top restaurants according to TripAdvisor diners, visit - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-Restaurants-cRestaurants-g186338
*This list of top 10 London restaurants was selected from the Traveller’s Choice Restaurants 2012 winners, based on millions of valuable traveller reviews and opinions on TripAdvisor.