London’s top hotels according to TripAdvisor travellers
Notting Hill Carnival, the capital’s annual street festival which brings in over a million revellers, will descend on West London on Sunday 28th August.
If you’re visiting the capital to enjoy the festivities heed the advice of your fellow travellers and stay at one of London’s top ten hotels. These properties are tried, tested and London’s best according to travellers themselves.
“Notting Hill Carnival, the largest festival celebration of its kind in Europe, is the perfect opportunity to visit London,” commented Emma O’Boyle, TripAdvisor spokesperson. “Many of London’s top hotels are within easy reach of Notting Hill, so take full advantage and enjoy not only the carnival, but also some of the best accommodation London has to offer.
Notting Hill Carnival takes place from Sunday 28th – Monday 29th August and celebrates London’s Caribbean connections. With colourful floats, vibrant costumes, steel drum bands, sound systems and dancing, plus hundreds of food stalls, Notting Hill Carnival is one of London’s most exciting events.
“Many users on the TripAdvisor forum recommend visiting the carnival on Sunday if you’re visiting with children or looking for a more relaxed experience, while Monday tends to busier and more lively,”, concludes TripAdvisor’s Emma O’Boyle.
London’s top ten hotels:
1. Hotel 41 – as one traveller said, “a truly wonderful experience”.
*Distance to Notting Hill – 2.9 miles
Rooms from £397 per night
2. The Milestone Hotel – as one traveller said, “Really lovely – charming hotel with great service”
Distance to Notting Hill – 0.9 miles
Rooms from £293 per night
3. The Levin – as one traveller said, “Highly recommended to friends and will return”
Distance from Notting Hill – 2 miles
Rooms from £225 per night
4. Egerton House Hotel – as one traveller said, “Just dreamy”
Distance to Notting Hill – 2 miles
Rooms from £300 per night
5. Sofitel St James London – as one traveller said, “Brilliant service, great location”
Distance to Notting Hill – 3.3 miles
Rooms from £287 per night
6. Haymarket Hotel – as one traveller said, “This hotel gets a ten out of ten”
Distance from Notting Hill – 3.1 miles
Rooms from £200 per night
7. The Montague on the Gardens – as one traveller said, “Gem of a hotel”
Distance from Notting Hill – 3.4 miles
Rooms from £186 per night
8. Plaza on the River – Club and Residence – as one traveller said, “superb – again”
Distance from Hitting Hill – 4.3 miles
Rooms from £213 per night
9. The Arch London – as one traveller said, “Could not fault it”
Distance from Notting Hill – 1.8 miles
Rooms from £230 per night
10. Covent Garden Hotel – as one traveller said, “Hotel heaven”
Distance from Notting Hill – 3.2 miles
Rooms from £300 per night
For more information on London hotels, visit www.TripAdvisor.co.uk
*Indicates walking distance from hotel to Notting Hill Gate tube station